Credits again to Sir Ernel for this tutorial. He’s been sharing so many ways on how to make online class management easier for me and in this post, I am going to share another technique on how to use your smartphone’s camera instead of your laptop’s or desktop computer webcam.
I am posting his picture (I hope this is okay, I did not ask permission, yet) not for promotional purposes, but just to give credits to whom the credit is due HAHAHA LOL!
Who else can relate that every time you record your PowerPoint presentation via zoom or even attend a virtual meeting with your laptop, your camera just won’t cooperate in projecting your pretty/handsome face?
Fret not because I have a solution for you.
My laptop is Acer – Windows 8. It doesn’t have a poor camera capture, however, my iPhone has a better output, which made me ask if it is possible to use my iPhone camera instead of the laptop’s cam.
Thanks to Sir Ernel, when we had our random chitchats about our ways on how we do things now with the new normal online classes set-up.
He introduced to me the iVCam.
The good news is you can download the software from Play Store (Android) and App Store (iOs) and in Windows 7, 8, 10, but unfortunately, Mac is not included in the list
First. Download the iVCam to your PC or Laptop.
Just follow the steps in installing the software to your device.
Second. Download the app to your Smartphone (App Store) or (Google Play)
FEATURES credits to E2ESOFT
- High-quality, real-time video with low latency and fast speed
- Automatic connection via Wi-Fi or USB and easy to use
- Multi-instance support, connecting multiple phones on one PC
- Supports common video sizes such as 360p, 480p, 540p, 720p, 1080p and 4K
- Configurable for video frame rate, video quality, and audio quality
- Landscape and Portrait mode supported
- Supports front, rear camera and real-time switching
- Supports face beautify, flash, manual focus and video flip/mirror
- Audio supported, use your phone as a microphone for PC
- Completely replaces USB webcam or integrated webcam, compatible with most applications using webcam
- Preview video, take pictures and record video files with our Windows client software
- Supports most software which use webcam, including Apps in Microsoft Store such as Windows Camera App
Third. Turn on your downloaded iVcam software (both in PC and Smartphone).
Both will be automatically detected. You may rotate and choose a mirror image. Just explore the features.
Upon opening your Zoom or Google Meet app in your Desktop or Laptop, choose the E2ESOFT iVCAM as the source of your video input.
Position your Smartphone and ENJOY!